Steps to cleaning out your closet:
1. Label three trash bags. Giveaway, Salvation Army, Trash
2. My rule: If you haven't worn it in a year it goes in one of the above bags (unless it is a special occasion outfit that you pull out once in awhile)
3. I'm a lover of jeans and I have a lot, so I organize them by style and keep my favorites further front
4. I hang as much as I can. That way it is easier to see what I have and what I can mix and match
5. I live in dresses so I keep those very visible
6. Hang clothing by style, fabric and color. My wardrobe consists of a lot of colorful blouses and pretty tanks. I hang them by sleeve length, fabric (keep silks together, cotton together etc) and style
7. My sweaters were getting out of control so I bought these very convenient sweater boxes from the Container Store. Loving them!
8. Shoes: Displayed in this picture are my every day spring/summer shoes on a simple shoe rack (I have another half to this closet with boots and heavy winter wear). In a perfect world I would love to have my shoes at eye level and on shelves, but this will have to do for now. As long as you can display your go-to pairs you are in good shape.